To complete community service/civic engagement requirements during summer session:
- Request permission to enroll in CCUE 100-01 during Summer Term 3 by emailing the Hagen Center (email@example.com) starting Advising Week
- Final date to enroll in the course: Friday, May 19th
Requirements to CCUE 100-01 Summer Session:
Students in this course are expected to serve 27 hours at a nonprofit site following course orientation on May 17 through August 27. Students should have a site selected by June 14 to make sure sites are prepared for them to complete hours.
- The priority is for students to serve with partners sites in Springfield/Clark County
- This works great for students staying in Springfield or within driving distance and anyone willing to drive in a day or two per week to serve
- A sample list of sites is available on our webpage: Community Service | Wittenberg University
- We also accept Self-Design Proposals for sites outside of the scope of our partner list and the Springfield area. Proposals are accepted starting advising week once students enroll in the course. Students interested in submitting proposals should…
- Review the guidelines and outcomes for CCUE 100 shared by the Hagen Center
- Establish a connection with a potential site and identify a site supervisor
- Consider submitting proposals early if you are unsure about your site
If submitting a proposal, it is recommended students connect with the Hagen Center to make sure their selected site will be a good match for our program.
Summer registration for CCUE 100-01 carries the presumption that the student will be enrolling in the Fall '23 semester and will attend a mandatory reflection session on August 29th at 5 pm.
- In-person Orientation (optional): May 17, 5pm, Shouvlin 201
- Timeframe for Service: May 17-August 27
- Self-Design Proposals due: June 7
- Placement Confirmation due: June 14
- Reflection Session: August 29
Questions? Email the Hagen Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Rachel Scherzer (email@example.com)