Outgoing Transcripts Requests
Wittenberg University has collaborated with Parchment to provide the service of secure online ordering and delivery of transcripts. Safe, fast, and easy, it is the most efficient way to order your official transcripts.
Please note: if you have never ordered a transcript through Parchment before, you will need to set up your account by clicking "New Learner Account." We recommend using your personal email address to create your Parchment account, as Wittenberg email addresses eventually expire after one is no longer a current student.
Transcripts can be ordered online 24/7 through Parchment, including weekends and holidays. The site will walk you through placing your order, including uploading attachments, delivery options, and fees. Payment with a credit or debit card is required and all charges are non-refundable.
Please keep in mind the following:
- If you have past due financial obligations to the University, these will have to be resolved before your request can be processed. You will receive an email message with details on who to contact to resolve the hold.
- Please allow 1-3 business days for processing.
- Electronic (PDF) copies of the official transcript expire after 30 days and are password protected. Please print a copy for your records before the expiration date (or "print to PDF" to save as a new file). If the file expires before it is accessed, you must submit a new transcript request.
- Alumni and former students who attended prior to 1989 should anticipate a possible delay for delivery, as paper transcripts must be pulled from the archive for processing.
- Unofficial transcripts are not available. However, when ordering an official transcript to be sent to yourself, it becomes an "unofficial copy of the official transcript" when it is opened.
- Paper copies of the transcript become unofficial as soon as the seal of the envelope has been broken.
- Electronic PDF copies of the transcript are official only for the first recipient. This means if you request an official transcript to be sent to yourself through Parchment, it becomes an unofficial copy of your official transcript.
- Unsure if an unofficial copy of your official transcript will be sufficient for your needs? When in doubt, enter the requesting entity as the recipient in Parchment.
Students who do not wish to submit their request through the online portal can submit a paper Transcript Request Form. Please note that an additional processing fee is charged and electronic delivery of the transcript is unavailable.
- Paper Transcript Request Form Request
A permanent academic record is maintained by the Registrar's Office for each student who registers at Wittenberg. Student records are administered in accordance with the Family Privacy Act of 1974. An official transcript of the academic record is available only upon the signed written request of the student. A telephone request cannot be accepted. The request must be accompanied by a payment of $11 per copy and can be released only if the student's account is clear of outstanding balances and University holds. Only official copies will be furnished.
For your convenience, you can download a Transcript Request Form. There are three ways that you can submit your request.
- Come into our office and fill out the request form;
- Scan and email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your email on how to submit your payment information;
- Mail your request to:
Office of the Registrar
P.O. Box 720
Springfield, OH 45501
If you cannot download and print our transcript request form you can write out the information. Please see below for the information we will need.
Transcript Request Information
- Name (including any former names you may have used while attending)
- Date of birth
- Social Security number or Student ID number
- Year of graduation/last year of attendance
- Complete address where the transcript(s) are to be sent
- Current address
- Daytime phone number and/or email address
- Signature of student (In accordance with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act 1974)
- Submit payment via credit or debit card through the Wittenberg Registrar Payment System
- Checks payable to "Wittenberg University"
- Cash (in person only; do not mail cash payments)